|Stir Fried Beef and Asparagus in Orange Sauce|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 20-30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 pound flank steak, cut thinly across the grain into bite-size pieces
- 1 pound organic asparagus, woody stems removed
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated or minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 medium organic oranges
- 2 teaspoons non-GMO cornstarch or arrowroot
- Himalayan salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
In a wok or skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil over high heat. Add the beef and stir fry about 4 minutes. Remove beef and set aside.
Cut the asparagus on the diagonal into 2-inch pieces. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to the wok along with the asparagus and onion. Stir fry until tender-crisp, 4-5 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic and stir for 1 minute.
Return the beef to the wok, along with any accumulated juices. Reduce heat to medium.
Squeeze 2/3 cup of juice from the oranges into a measuring cup. Grate 1 tablespoon orange zest and add this, along with the cornstarch or arrowroot, to the cup. Whisk until smooth and add to the wok. Cover and cook about 2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
Add the salt and pepper to taste. Serve over rice.
Stephanie from Rio Rancho, New Mexico won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit your recipes and photos here!
Leave a Reply