|Sweet Potato Banana Squash Soup|
|photo by recipe author|
Servings: 8 to 10
Preparation Time: 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon organic virgin coconut oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons organic curry powder
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large banana squash or any other squash of your choice, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried organic basil leaves
- 1 quart organic chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 2 cups organic coconut milk*
Heat coconut oil in a large stock pot; add onions and garlic and cook until soft; add curry powder and cook for 1 minute more.
Add the sweet potatoes and squash; stir and cook for 2 minutes.
Add salt, pepper, basil leaves, chicken stock and coconut milk; bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are cooked.
Blend or process until mixture is smooth.
Serve soup hot or cold.
* For the freshest coconut milk make homemade coconut milk. (See video at this link.)
Recipe submitted by Jean, Salt Lake City, UT
Published on November 16, 2011