|Thai Pra Ram Chicken with Peanut Sauce|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 25-40 minutes
- 3-4 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into cubes or strips
- 2 cups carrots & broccoli, or stir-fry vegetables
- cooked jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup sucanat (or organic whole sugar)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons organic soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups coconut milk*
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Cut chicken into cubes or strips (and boil if raw). Cut carrots and broccoli into small/medium pieces.
Combine sugar, peanut butter, soy sauce, water, coconut oil, and garlic in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat until bubbling, then reduce heat to medium low. When peanut butter and sugar are completely dissolved, slowly add coconut milk, stirring until the sauce is a nice caramel color. Add curry powder and red pepper flakes, stir, and simmer on low to thicken.
Place vegetables in a wok with about an inch of water, cover, and cook on medium-high until vegetables are mostly soft. Drain water, and add chicken and sauce to the wok. Stir until everything is combined and hot.
Serve over a bed of jasmine rice.
Recipe submitted by Anna, Franklin, WV