|Triple Coconut Cranberry Muffins|
|Prepared by Pat, Photo by Jeremiah Shilhavy|
Servings: 12 muffins
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried coconut flakes
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup coconut milk*
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon grated orange or lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- extra coconut flakes
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt with a whisk. Add coconut and cranberries. Make a well in the middle and pour in remaining ingredients except extra coconut flakes. Mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
Divide batter into 12 muffin cups lined with paper liners. Top with extra coconut flakes. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Remove muffins from pan immediately and cool on a wire rack.
* For the freshest coconut milk make homemade coconut milk. (See video at this link.)
Recipe submitted by Pat, Jackson, WI
Published on October 8, 2010