|Turmeric Ginger Coconut Chutney|
|photo by recipe author|
Servings: 1 cup
Preparation Time: 20-30 minutes
- 9-10 medium sized fresh turmeric root pieces
- 1 ounce of fresh ginger root
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup piñon nuts (or small serrano chili, de-stemmed)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup fresh coconut milk*
Peel turmeric and ginger, then mince, mix, and set aside in a small bowl.
Mince garlic and chili (if you choose to add chili). Add them to the mix along with lemon juice, salt, melted coconut oil, and coconut milk.
*For the freshest coconut milk make homemade coconut milk. (See video at this link.)
Mary from Santa Fe, NM won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit your coconut recipes and photos here!
Published on February 3, 2016
Leave a Reply