Vanilla Bean Coconut Macaroons (Egg and Nut Free)
|Vanilla Bean Coconut Macaroons Egg and Nut Free Recipe|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons full fat coconut milk cream (cream at top of refrigerated milk)*
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup granulated sweetener*
- 3/4 teaspoon gelatin
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla beans (1-2 beans)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees ºF.
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until a dough forms.
With a small cookie scoop, form macaroons and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. You could also roll into balls and slightly press them down on cookie sheet.
Bake in preheated oven for about 8 minutes or until very slightly brown.
Let cookies cool to set up, they will fall apart when warm. These can be stored at room temperature or for a harder cookie, store in the refrigerator.
* For the freshest coconut milk make homemade coconut milk. (See video at this link.)
**I have not tried this with a liquid sweetener. You would need to reduce the amount to 1/4 cup or less and it may make the dough too runny. If that happens, just add more coconut until the dough is thick enough to form.
Recipe submitted by Kate, Highlands Ranch, CO