example photo shown
- 1/3 cup Expeller-Pressed or Virgin Coconut Oil – liquefied
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon aluminum free baking soda
- 1/4 cup hot filtered water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded or flaked coconut
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
In large bowl, beat coconut oil and honey together. Add eggs, mix well. Stir in bananas then stir in flour and salt. Add baking soda to hot water, stir to mix, and then add to batter. Blend in nuts and coconut. Spread batter in coconut greased glass 9″ x 5″ loaf pan. Sprinkle organic cinnamon on the top.
Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for half an hour before taking out and slicing.
Recipe submitted by Ann, Perryville, MO
Published on May 7, 2008