|Banana Coconut Cream Bread|
|Prepared by Sarah Shilhavy, Photo by Jeremiah Shilhavy|
Servings: 2 loaves
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar, or to taste
- 1 cup expeller pressed or virgin coconut oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup Coconut Cream Concentrate
- 1 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil, eggs, bananas, CCC and vanilla extract. Stir into dry mixture, mixing until just moistened. Fold in coconut & nuts, if desired. Pour into two greased and floured 8-1/2-in. x 4-1/2-in. x 2-1/2-in. loaf pans.
Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until breads test done. Cool 10 minutes in pans before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe submitted by Sandra, West Point, NE