|Caramelized Tropical Peach Smoothie|
|photo by recipe author|
A nourishing and delicious tropical treat, perfect for chasing away the winter blues and giving you plenty of energy to follow through on those New Years goals!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk*, plain kefir or grass-fed milk
- 4 soy-free egg yolks (optional, but adds lots of sustaining nutrition and energy)
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon whole sugar (+/- to taste – this is what gives the delicious, caramelized flavor)
- 3/4 cup frozen peaches
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash salt
Blend all ingredients thoroughly until smooth. If desired, stir in a small amount more whole sugar to each serving for a delicious caramely crunch. Enjoy!
Recipe submitted by Lydia, Salem, VA