|Coconut Cannellini Bean Sauce photo|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 20 to 30 minutes
- 2 16oz cans cannellini beans with liquid
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream concentrate
- 6 cloves of garlic, pureed in a garlic press
- 1/2 cup organic chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Puree the cannellini beans, with liquid, in a food processor. Add in coconut oil, coconut cream concentrate, garlic and broth and pulse food processor several times to blend.
Transfer to a sauce pan. Stir in parsley, salt and pepper. Heat over medium heat until sauce thickens – 5 to 10 minutes. Serve over pasta or vegetables.
I also use this sauce to “smother” pork chops or boneless chicken breasts. Instead of heating the sauce on the stove, I pour it on the meat that has been pan seared and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Recipe submitted by Kelly, Pascoag, RI