- 1 pound grass-fed bison
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 tablespoon Atchara (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons (or less) coconut oil, for frying
- 4 – 5 whole wheat buns
- toppings (ex: sliced tomatoes, guacamole, sliced avocado, sliced onions, etc.)
In a medium sized bowl, mix defrosted grass-fed bison with coconut oil, garlic, egg, salt, pepper and Atchara. Mix thoroughly. Divide into 4 – 5 patties, and fry on hot skillet with coconut oil on medium high heat. Cook each side for 2 – 3 minutes and do not squeeze/press juice out of burgers.
Serve with or without the bun and toppings. Top with organic agave tomato ketchup. Don’t forget the french fries pan fried in coconut oil and sprinkled with salt.
Recipe submitted by Terri, Pahrump, NV
Published on July 13, 2008
Leave a Reply