|Coconut Cannellini Bean Sauce photo|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 20 to 30 minutes
- 2 16oz cans cannellini beans with liquid
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream concentrate
- 6 cloves of garlic, pureed in a garlic press
- 1/2 cup organic chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Puree the cannellini beans, with liquid, in a food processor. Add in coconut oil, coconut cream concentrate, garlic and broth and pulse food processor several times to blend.
Transfer to a sauce pan. Stir in parsley, salt and pepper. Heat over medium heat until sauce thickens – 5 to 10 minutes. Serve over pasta or vegetables.
I also use this sauce to “smother” pork chops or boneless chicken breasts. Instead of heating the sauce on the stove, I pour it on the meat that has been pan seared and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Also, instead of garlic and parsley, you could use nutmeg and cinnamon for a different tasting sauce — kind of like moussaka.
Recipe submitted by Kelly, Pascoag, RI
Published on February 28, 2011