|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 10-15 Minutes
- 3 cups homemade coconut milk (made from shredded coconut)*
- 4 organic egg yolks, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or more if you prefer)
Gently heat coconut milk over low-medium heat. Stir in egg yolks. Continue to stir until the milk becomes thick. Add vanilla extract and maple syrup. Taste coconut eggnog and add more maple syrup if you desire.
Refrigerate for two hours before serving. Pour into individual cups and sprinkle with cinnamon.
* For the freshest coconut milk make homemade coconut milk. (See video at this link.)
Recipe submitted by Tiffany, Junction City, OR
Published on November 30, 2011