Raspberry Oat Bars
|Raspberry Oat Bars|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: approx. 15-20 minutes
- 3 1/4 cups organic rolled oats
- 3/4 cup freshly ground whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose organic flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons organic raw sugar
- 2 teaspoons organic lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons organic molasses
- 1/2 heaping teaspoon himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup organic grass-fed butter, cold and in chunks
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 8 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon extract OR 1-2 drops lemon essential oil
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the oats, flours, sugar, zest, molasses, and baking powder. Cut in the butter and coconut oil using a pastry blender or your fingers and mix until the dough comes together.
Gently press two thirds of it into the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking pan. Bake for 10-13 minutes or until the edges just start to turn brown.
In a bowl, stir raspberry jam, vanilla extract, honey, and lemon extract or lemon essential oil until smooth. Spread this mixture over the baked crust and then evenly sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over the jam mixture.
Bake for another 25-30 minutes or until the top has lightly browned and the filling is bubbly.
Let the bars cool completely before cutting.
Marijah from Columbia, KY won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit your recipes and photos here for a chance to win $50!