|Alpine Vegetable Soup|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 6 cups homemade chicken broth or stock
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium red potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and diced
- 1 cup riced cauliflower
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, minced (or 1-2 tablespoons dried)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons Himalayan pink salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Melt coconut oil in a soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat and saute the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add the broth, all the vegetables, and bring the soup to a boil. Lower the heat, cover the pot, and simmer about 15 minutes, or until the red potatoes are fork tender.
Stir in the dill, parsley, salt and pepper.
Turn off the heat and let the soup sit, covered, for 5 minutes before serving.
Stephanie from Sierra Madre, CA won $50 for this recipe and photo! Submit your recipes here!